Fuel EX 9.8 is the versatile carbon trail bike that can climb with the XC crowd and throw down with the rowdy trail crew. A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, carbon wheels, and FOX Performance Float suspension with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft shock make it the perfect choice for all-mountain shredders who want a single bike that does it all.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & seatstay, alloy chainstay, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Performance 34 Float, GRIP 3-position damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano SLX M7000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 12.70 kg / 28 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
153.0 - 162.0 cm
60.2" - 63.8"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
63.4" - 67.7"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
66.9" - 70.5"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
69.7" - 74.0"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
73.2" - 77.2"
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||ASeat tube||BSeat tube angle||CHead tube length||DHead angle||EEffective top tube||FBottom bracket height||GBottom bracket drop||HChainstay length||IOffset||JTrail||KWheelbase||LStandover||MFrame reach||NFrame stack|