Top Fuel 9.8 SL is the full suspension XC mountain bike for riders who want every lightweight advantage. An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, Bontrager carbon wheels, 100mm of suspension travel, and lightweight performance parts make this bike the perfect sidekick for serious XC riders who want a lightweight, durable rig for speed and efficiency on race day.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & seatstay, alloy chainstays, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Boost148 & G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox SID RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5: 142x12 rear), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle Dub, 32T
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 11.07 kg / 24.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
153.0 - 162.0 cm
60.2" - 63.8"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
63.4" - 67.7"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
66.9" - 70.5"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
69.7" - 74.0"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
73.2" - 77.2"
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||ASeat tube||BSeat tube angle||CHead tube length||DHead angle||EEffective top tube||FBottom bracket height||GBottom bracket drop||HChainstay length||IOffset||JTrail||KWheelbase||LStandover||MFrame reach||NFrame stack|